TERMS OF HIRE
a) The renter agrees to return the bike to Taupo Bike Hire Ltd at the time and date indicated on the contract. A late return may be charged at the rate of a new hire.
b) Customer agrees to return the bike in clean, UNDAMAGED condition to avoid any ADDITIONAL charges for repair, maintenance or replacement. Customer accepts use of the equipment AS IS, in good condition, and accepts full responsibility for care of the equipment while under his/her possession. Damaged parts or components will be repaired/replaced at the shop’s discretion and customer agrees to pay regular shop rates and retail prices for components replaced. (Undamaged condition means normal wear and tear is accepted but does not include broken spokes, rims, bent rims, damaged frames, handlebars, seats or other parts from misuse and/or crashes.)
2. Lost Items:
a) We reserve the right to charge the replacement value of any item that is not returned or goes missing.
3. Damaged Items
a) We reserve the right to charge for damages at our discretion, up to replacement value. Undamaged condition means normal wear and tear is accepted but does not include broken spokes, rims, bent rims, damaged frames, handlebars, seats, or other parts from misuse and/or crashes.
b) Bikes are maintained on a daily basis. It is the responsibility of the customer to check the bike at the start of the hire BEFORE setting out on any ride.
a) Bookings cancelled 24 hours before hire – 100% refund. Bookings cancelled less than 24 hours before hire – No refund. Once the hire bikes have been picked-up, you will NOT get a refund for returning them earlier.
The renter agrees to treat the bicycle or other equipment with reasonable care including:
1. Always locking the bicycle securely (eg. Bike stand, pole or tree) if leaving unattended. We can provide bike locks if you’re planning on stopping with the bikes.
2. Helmets are included in the rental, and it’s compulsory to wear a helmet according to New Zealand law. If you don’t wear a bike helmet you can get fined.
3. Customer accepts use of the equipment AS IS, in good condition, and accepts full responsibility for care of the equipment while under his/her possession. Damaged parts or components will be repaired/replaced at the shop’s discretion and customer agrees to pay regular shop rates and retail prices for components replaced.
LIABILITY & SAFETY: You ride at your own risk.
1. Taupo Bike Hire will not be held liable for any injury, damage or loss you incur while riding one of our bicycles.
2. You agree to comply with all requirements given by the Ministry of Transport, and in particular to always wear your helmet. I am aware the Taupo Bike Hire rentals do not come with lights equipped, and therefore are not ideal for extensive road riding.
3. You agree not to ride while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
1. Roadside assistance is not guaranteed as part of the hire price, however you may call us, or alternatively you can call Taupo Taxis on 07-377 8990 if you need a callout or transfer for passengers and bikes at your expense.
2. You are welcome to borrow a bicycle pump and puncture repair kit at no extra charge.
Customer agrees to provide Bike Hire Ltd with credit card details, for precautionary use only:
I authorize Bike Hire Ltd to charge the credit card they have on file for me for all eventual costs in case of damages to the bicycle(s) during my rental period, comprehensive of labour, except in the case that I can demonstrate other’s faults with evidence and all necessary information for reimbursement.
In case of theft, I will be responsible for reimbursing Bike Hire Ltd for the original price of the bicycle(s), plus the cost of any accessories that were provided at the time of the bike rental.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER AND RELEASE AGREEMENT
Assumption of Risk: I understand and accept that renting this bicycle and participating in bicycling exposes me/my child to many hazards that may entail unavoidable risk of death, personal injury (including but not limited to severe spinal or head injury) and loss of or damage to property.
I also understand I/my child should be in good physical health to participate in bicycling, and I confirm that I/my child have no significant health issues that prevent me/my child from participating in bicycling. I/my child have no medical conditions, nor have I/my child been diagnosed with a condition that prevents me from bicycling. In spite of the aforementioned risks and acknowledgements, I hereby assume all risk of injury or loss of life to myself/my child and loss of or damage to property arising out of renting this bicycle and participating in bicycling. I understand the inherent risk involved in using this rental bicycling equipment and accept full responsibility for any and all such damage or injury which may result.
Waiver and Release: In consideration of Bike Hire Ltd renting me/my child this bicycle, I specifically release and forever discharge Bike Hire Ltd and its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability or claims for injury, illness, death or loss of or damage to property which I/my child may suffer while renting this bicycle and participating in bicycling. This discharge specifically includes, but is not limited to, liability or claims for injury, illness, death or damage caused by the negligence of Bike Hire Ltd or its affiliates, officers, agents, or employees. It is my intent by the Waiver And Release Agreement to release Bike Hire Ltd and hold it harmless from all liability for any such property loss or damage, personal injury or loss of life, whether caused by the negligence of Bike Hire Ltd or whether based upon breach of contract, breach of warranty, or any other legal theory. In signing this document, I fully recognize that if injury, illness, death or damage occurs to me/my child while I am engaged in renting this bicycle or participating in bicycling, I will have no right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against Bike Hire Ltd or its affiliates, officers, agents or employees, even if they or any of them negligently cause my injury/my child’s injury, illness, death or damage.
- I realize the importance of wearing a helmet. I agree a helmet must be worn correctly at all times.
- I understand that this activity may result in severe injury, including but not limited to spinal or head injury or worse.
- I understand that this activity may result in hazards posed by other bicycles and traffic or road conditions.
- I understand that there are no bicycle lanes in some areas I will be riding.
- Bike Hire Ltd staff have answered any questions I have had.
- I understand these bicycles do not have visibility enhancement equipment such as blinking lights.